We had a wonderful, relaxing trip!! I am more tan than I wanted but you know how those daily yoga classes on the beach do that. Jake became addicted to "estretching" too and he referred to us as the "yoga fiends" on this trip. We enjoyed water, walks, and just being together. The very first night as we were watching tropical fish off the pier, a 4 foot shark swam past! I also saw a dead puffer fish on the beach and some iguanas so it was better than a trip to the zoo. Our room was awesome and the resort was gorgeous. It was our first time at an all-inclusive and better than we imagined although we preferred the specialty restaurants to the buffets. We lived on twice daily lattes (made with whole milk, so good) and guacamole. We each read three books: I read The Hours, Born on Blue Day, a memoir about a mathematical savant with Asperger's and The Unquiet Mind another memoir about a clincal psychologist with manic-depressive illness. Jake conquered Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Copper River and also Born on a Blue Day.
We missed our baby girl but she had a blast with her grandparents who took excellent care of her! Not only did they care for her around the clock, walk our dog and clean our house but acted as our airport taxi service and cooked us dinner! We are very blessed to have such a great support system and that Nori has such awesome, loving people in her life.
To see more trip photos, click HERE
3 comments:
Great pictures! I'm glad you both had a wonderful trip--I think it should be mandatory for all parents to GET AWAY and have fun! Way to go!
I Love the Pictures too!!! So pretty! And you look like a mermaid, megan!
I'm glad you had fun but I'm soooo glad you're home! I've had sensible of shoe withdrawal. The pictures were great!
Post a Comment