July 08, 2008

Emotional growthspurt

Do you ever just want to stay home, bra-less, for days on end while you play mom? That's kinda me right now.

I was talking to my friend Chels the other day and she mentioned all these events she had been to recently (which I had also been invited to that I never made). Birthday parties, baby showers, wedding showers, etc. And this is just from one circle of friends... if she only knew all the other BBQ's, grad parties and Happy Hours I had to bail on. I say had to because being a new mom is taking a lot out of me, in a good way. I am really absorbed in the all special moments with Norelle: playing in the pool, the look on her face when she tries new baby foods, baths and books before bedtimes. Not to mention the fact that we have had company a plenty, I am still working 4 days a week, I am attempting to stay healthy & fit all while trying living in a semi-clean house that needs constant cleaning due to baby juices everywhere.

It's not just my time that I spend with her but it's also all my emotional energy and it is so wonderful! Sometimes I just cry thinking about her growing up into a big kid or loving how baby she is right now in this moment. My sentimental side is in full-gear and often very consuming. I expected to wash diapers and get-up way too ealry but I never realized the JOY that comes from having a little beautiful, hilarious baby girl at your side day & night. I highly recommend you go pick yourself up one...

3 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

I recommend not thinking about kindergarten--it makes me cry everytime.

Sabrina said...

Does having a cat count?

K and/or K said...

Does NWA have a non-stop to China?