May 11, 2008

No sleep, baby shower, Mother's Day, etc


So... last week was rough with Norelle out of her usual good sleep habits waking up 1-2 x night. I took night duty since Jake was only getting 4 hours a night himself as his companies were reporting and he had to "write them up". We were a pretty cranky bunch. But alas, a pink-eye outbreak caused a scare at daycare thus giving me a much needed day home with Nori. I heart conjuctivitis.

On Saturday my aunts Jill, Tracy & Wendy organized a fun family baby shower (last one, I swear) for Norelle in Winona where we had lots of good food & desserts and got some adorable summer rompers, an exer-saucer, a jewelry box and other cute stuff. After the baby shower Jake's mom watched her while we crashed, we had to get caught up on our sleep before driving home last night.


Today... ah, Mother's Day! My baby girl and her daddy let me sleep in AND workout this morning. They even got me glass storage containers so I can toss all my old plastic and a coupon to take Mom & Baby yoga classes. Mother's Day was really special for me because I am so proud to be Nori's mom and it was really difficult for us to finally be able to celebrate this day as parents. Norelle's birth parents each called too to wish me a happy day... isn't that cool?



Later we went for a walk and had the Ho's over for dinner (beef brisket which they cooked...the best kind of friends are the one who bring brisket) . I really wish the weekend was NOT over as I am not enjoying my job as much now that I have such a wonderful baby waiting for me. Oh well, I'll get over it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nori doesn't like rectangles.

Sabrina said...

You look great! well you always do... I just haven't seen you in awhile! Nori is what 12 now? Gosh they grow up fast! Miss you! :)

...sensible of shoe said...

Oh, go on!

Susie said...

You all look great! Happy to hear you had a nice Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

correction...ellen watched nori while you guys crashed...