December 02, 2012

Christmas season has begun!

December is off to a rocky start. Papa Michael had a stroke on Saturday morning and is now in the ICU (watching the Vikings at least) in Winona. He has had good moments and not so good ones with low blood pressure and rambling confusion. My dad,  Papa Bill,  was also admitted to the U of M hospital for scary pain, weight loss, nausea which turned out to be two giant kidney stones. He is now properly stented and back to health. Love to both the Papas in our life!  Much less serious, but still annoying, is the fact that my feet and back are flared up. So, I am little behind on sleep, cleaning, and bathing, but not at all behind on Advil, carbs, or physical therapy. I had a lady ask me this weekend if I was a nurse... she thought I was because of my special shoes and dry hands. Honored.

someone has discovered Elmo
not scared!

1st day of the Advent calendar a success!

she liked this tree

we only had to pull off of the interstate one time to re-tie it!
Despite the health issues in the fam, we go on with life because that is what you do when you have two little girls. Both girls had dental appointments and came away with perfect reports and new floss. We drove to Lakeville to get our tree and ride the choo choo train, made pumpkin bars for Auntie Ellen's homecoming, meals were cooked by Grandma Liz, we held a Nertz tourney, we served breakfast, and we decorated our tree and house. You might listen Bing Crosby while you put up your tree, but the Seltz girls prefer Gangnam Style.

impromptu tree trimming party

Gramsie sent up little trees for the girls

Retro: big lights and gum drop garland this year

Ellen is home for the holidays

Big Sister gets to put the star on top

Little Sister loves the attention

view from my couch

Dorothy's new water bowl







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!! We are going to get our Christmas tree tomorrow, I think in Lakeville too! What was the name of the place you went? Did you cut your own, or were they precut? I've been shopping around but wasn't sure which place to choose.

Nicole