Dear SoS Readers,
One year ago today I gave birth to my second baby girl. I think about the events of that day all the time and feel so blessed. I woke up at 5:52 today just to remember the moment when she was born. Henley is so curious, funny, sensitive, smart, and of course, hungry. She is a blessing and bring us so much joy! Every day she turns into more of a person and I can't wait to see who she becomes. We love you, Foosie!
Thanks to our parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, nannies, and friends who came over to celebrate Hen's baptism and first birthday yesterday. We lit some candles and Pastor Luke baptized her in our living room to sound of thunder and rain outside. It was perfect. The party began with a video highlighting my favorite moments from Hen's first year, yummy lunch with enough unusual grains for family members to mock, too many presents, and a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday. Henny devoured her cake, making sure to squish it in her hand then slurp it out.
Today we are enjoying a low-key family day, swimming in the kiddie pool, and dozens more renditions of Happy Birthday complete with baby hand claps. What more is there?
love,
one happy momma
![]() |
| ready to celebrate! |
| WWJD? Home baptism, less painful than home birth |
| Pastor Luke, Godparents, and us |
| gonna party like it's your 1st birthday |
| year in photos |
![]() |
| moments before the thunderstorms |
| it's my party and I'll fly if I want to |
| Happy Birthday dear Henley... |
| huge fan of cake. huge. |
| her sister is a princess |


5 comments:
Happy Birthday Henley! How fun that she could be baptized at home. I like that!
I love your turquoise dress and your necklace!
Thanks Megan and Jake & Lovelies for letting me attend. I Love You All SOOOO Much ! Smooch... Wendy
As usual, I love you all, and had a great time at Foosie's party! It's hard to believe time is flying by so quickly, and the girls are getting so big. Seems like just a short time ago, their mommy was my baby and look how quick that time went by. I am so lucky to have you all to love, and share in all of the fun times we have had and will have. Great party and really had a good time. Love, Gramsie
Wow- what a beautiful video on Miss Henley! I'm so happy to be a grandpa to the most beautiful girls in the world. I'm glad we're around to enjoy them and love them so much! Thanks Meg and Jake for letting us be a part of their lives! Grandpa Steve and Grandma Liz
Megan, I'm so glad you put the video up, since I missed it at the party! It was great!! (How did you make it??) Props to your creativity, it is such a sweet way to remember her first year.
Nicole
Post a Comment