| Super Sisters "swim" to rescue baby seal |
So where was I? After our Santa adventures on Thursday, we latted at Java Train Cafe with Ang, Liam and Graham. The big kids played in the faux boxcar for hours, only coming out long enough to eat Superman ice cream.
Remember like years ago when is said Nori was 75% potty trained? Well, that lasted for a long time but now Nori is finally 100% potty trained so we took her to the mall for her grand finale bribe...getting her ears pierced! She got nervous as we walked in, finally wondering if would hurt. My heart nearly stopped when they put the guns to her lobes. I fully expected a major meltdown but she did not even cry, she was so brave! Video to come.
Shopping, cleaning, and baking ensued the rest of the weekend. Missy & I spent six hours baking Christmas cookies including: sugar cookies, corn flake wreaths, cinnamon log, chocolate waffle cookies, spritz, and cake balls (my sloppy cake balls look nothing like Liz's so maybe I should call mine Kake Ballz to reflect their less than beautiful appearance). We were covered in frosting and flour but holiday tradition dictates we must bake!
Henley now claps but only when we sing "Up on the Housetop". Her clap is kinda a one handed flop and she sometime accidentally hits the other hand but Momma knows what she means. She is not sitting up or crawling but doing something much more amazing... she can swim on the hardwood floors! She does a 360 on hert tummy and propels herself, mainly backwards. But she will find the toys.
Norelle has been a big ball of love, spontaneous saying "I love you, Momma" and "you are so sweet to me" about 20 times a day. Of course, sometimes she says that because she wants contraband but I don't care. She also loves her sister like crazy, calling her "my beloved baby". Isn't that sweet?
playing with Graham Cracker
| I now eat squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, and yogurt! |
| Her own fast food Japanese restaurant? |
beloveds |
1 comment:
Fun Megan! It seems our family has been doing everything AFTER the holiday as we have been busy and trading sicknesses and working up a storm. All worth it...Secret Santa has been busy and can't wait to get some sleep!
Post a Comment