If you are currently or have even been the parent of small children, all I can say is God bless you. It would be fairly accurate to say that Jake & I have spent over 90% of the weekend reading books, cuddling, bathing, playing with, and feedings girls (fun) or cleaning house, washing clothes, picking up toys, folding clothes, soothing, diffusing tantrums, grocery shopping or otherwise working for our little bosses. Mondays don't seem so bad!
Jake & I were remembering 9/11 and trying to understand how people could have so much hate in their hearts that they are willing to not only kill but die because of it. Nori overheard and wanted to know more about the planes and building (she thought it was Daddy's building downtown) but reminded us that "we never say hate, it is a mean, bad word". I could not agree more.
Nanny Nicole has helped us get Henny into a better sleeping routine! Welcome back Swaddle Me blankets and binky. Henny is learning a sleep schedule and how to soothe herself to sleep after we nurse, burp, snuggle, swaddle, paci, sing, rock, Sleep Sheep, pat, pray to the Patron Saint of Sleep, touch the door handle 5 times and tiptoe away (repeat 3 times).
p.s. Sorry we forgot your birthday again Dorothy. We hope you enjoy being approx. 8 years old!
4 comments:
Real men are men like Jake, who make their wife and children a priority and who have no problem being proud to include his family in all that he does. He is one of the best husbands and fathers I have ever known, and am proud to have him in our family. Looks like it has been a good weekend for all, and especially grateful to Nicole for helping get Henley into a routine and her own bed.Love, Gramsie
Quit calling her HENNY!!!!
Gramsie
Me AND your mom read the blog.
Blame it on the goose
Got you feeling loose
Blame it on Patron
Got you in the zone
Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol
Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol
Blame it on the vodka
Blame it on the HENNY...
I'm the new fool in town
and my sound's laid down by the Underground.
I drink up all the HENNY ya got on ya shelf
so just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty
Post a Comment